Product Design Jam

Organic robots!

I can see we are leaning towards a direction of treating baby as a commercial product instead of a human being

Ohh…that clears up our prev jam thoughts and possibilities of having too many “Justin Bieber clones” and facing inbreeding prob

An evacuation plan for creators to abandon babies when they wrongly make customisations, so that they’re not stuck with the baby for life

you mean a

War-anti?

Organic Robot =Transformers? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

“Behind the Chinese trial also lies some bold thinking about how evolution can be shaped by science.” - MIT review

The fact that One Child Policy is said to be created by a man named Song Jian missile scientist who also studies Cybernetics that deals with structure and relationship between humans, animals and machines…this fact itself, makes a very compelling backstory and elements that we can add to the website

At the moment, I am imagining something headquartered in China with lots of color and animations, sort of cutesy and inspired by Japanese Manga. This would be in order to make it as accessible as possible to a wide audience without frightening the public. Of course, this would achieve the opposite - it would be extremely disturbing because it is so oddly divorced from reality… but takes itself seriously.

For some reason, I imagine color schemes and artwork similar to the Japanese artist, Takeshi Murakami, who does these hyperactive manga characters with very dark themes in an overly joyful manner.

1 Like

I see a number of ideas here that we can take forward. So, could you guys “favourite :heart:” the comments which you think can be brought forward for the next phase.

So each person gets to favourite a maximum of only 3 comments.

How about this,

Takashi Murukami, the artist with signature flowery motif?

If we’re heading to that direction, we can add to that with hint of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (Japanese avant garde, kawaii style singer) and Yayoi Kusama (minimalist, pop art). Just few additional ideas to add into Murukami.

Would ‘cute’ elements repell the potential social science audience (ie: serious Male geeks) or are we targeting our users to appeal to the mass?

Creepy website with lots of “I have an Angelic dreams…” cringey goosebumps

We will be having a lunch break now

1 Like

Some of the ideas presented above are follow ups from previous ideas. How are we going to vote for this?

Or, we just manually write and interpret what we like based on above’s input?

Very New-Agey. Not visually where I was going with it but interesting to consider. I guess this would be good for a service that was more cult-like.