The Benefits of Reading for Pleasure

Reading for pleasure is important for several reasons, and it offers numerous benefits that contribute to personal growth, cognitive development, and our overall well-being. Have a look at my latest article where I share my own journey and passion for reading. I also delve into elements of why reading is meaningful to our lives, and how it colors our experiences with those we interact with. I’d love to hear your feedback on how reading has shaped and influenced your life (and hopefully still does!).

1 Like

Reading has become enjoyable to me in more recent years because when I was a kid/teenager I could never sit still :blush: Reading gives me peace of mind and removes stress from everyday life, it also makes me believe anything is possible and many times I can relate to the characters in stories and that connection makes us not feel so alone. Reading inspires one to create our own life adventures, sparks our imagination and creates a sense of wonder. Music has a similar effect as well.

1 Like

thank you for sharing your experiences Sean – I couldn’t agree more about the impact of reading (and music); like you said, similar effect in many ways!

1 Like

some soothing music

1 Like

this is lovely & soothing Sean - thanks for sharing it!

1 Like

I love that. Takes me back to college when a dorm-mate introduced me to Andreas Vollenweider. If you haven’t hear of him then check out Caverna Magica. That was one of my favorites. Make sure you listen to the first track with headphones on!

2 Likes